If You've Been Accused

For more information on the investigation and adjudication process please visit: soinfo.uci.edu/accused.html

Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I go for information and help if I've been accused of sexual violence?

You can speak to your campus respondent services coordinator, who is a trained individual who can help you understand your rights, explain the investigation and adjudication process, and refer you to campus and community resources that you may need.

I've been accused, what are my rights?

You have the right to due process, meaning you have the right to be notified of the allegations and an opportunity to respond to them. You also have the right to understand the university\'s investigation and adjudication process. Your campus respondent services coordinator can explain your rights to you and refer you to resources you may need such as alternative housing and academic changes.

Should I hire an attorney?

Hiring an attorney is a personal decision. The respondent services coordinator can refer you to legal services that may be available to help you understand your options.


Respondent Services Office 949.824.5208 | respondentservices@uci.edu

By appointment only